Our Continued Diligence to Patient Care
- Abode Healthcare has hired an infectious disease physician as an expert resource to help guide our decisions related to prevention and management of COVID-19.
- All employees of Abode Healthcare have been re-educated on infection control, proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as well as effective handwashing techniques.
- Abode Healthcare has implemented new policies and procedures related to PPE and all medical equipment to decrease the potential for disease transmission.
- As a company, we have revised and implemented new ways for communication to take place within the leadership of our company to ensure that any and all important information is distributed, received and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Abode Healthcare has developed a national two-level screening process for our patients.
- Level one is a screening tool that is used for ALL of our patients.
- Level two is an enhanced screening tool that is implemented in areas where there are confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Nationwide, Abode has implemented a screening process that takes place daily for our employees to decrease the risk for any transmission of the disease.
- We have developed and implemented use of the Abode’s Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan, created specifically for our agency based on current recommendations from the CDC and the WHO.
- This is a dynamic tool that will we will continue to revise and adapt as the situation evolves.
- Abode Healthcare has secured necessary supplies for infection control practices as we continue to monitor and purchase more to effectively replenish our stocks.
- Each of our locations has performed a live “mock” training event across every Abode agency with all employees to review our plans, discuss our specific roles, and ensure that every employee feels confident during this time to continue to provide the best care to our patients.
- Confidence and dedication to patient care is key!
- For Patients being treated in Nursing Facilities with restricted access to outside visitors, we have implemented the following procedures:
- Abode healthcare has developed a remote visit for visits other than nursing, that can be done via phone with the patient, the caregiver, and with a representative at the facility that can provide information to us in order to collaborate on their plan of care.
- Remote visits are available for social worker, chaplain, and music therapy visits.
- The patients, families, caregivers and physicians will be updated of any changes to the frequency or type of services we are allowed to provide.
- Our dedication to our patients and family members during this time of need is our focus. We are here. Please let us know how we can help assist in any way with any patients in need during this time.