The need for those who are ready and willing to make a difference is great...
Volunteers are an essential part of our hospice care team. Talented and caring people in our community are offering their time to help us attain our mission of providing quality and compassionate care to those in the final stages of life. Our volunteers often have a personal hospice experience, and can empathize firsthand to the experiences of our patients and families.
Direct care volunteers with Ohio Valley Hospice make a difference by:
- Providing companionship and friendship to patients during the last days of their lives
- Offering emotional and spiritual support to families and caregivers
- Running errands to ease the burden felt by family and loved ones
- Performing light household chores to help create a clean, orderly, and comfortable environment
- Participating in family support during the bereavement process
Some volunteers choose to provide indirect services important to efficient hospice operations, as well. These tasks include clerical assistance with word processing, photocopying, filing, mailing, and answering telephone calls.
All of our volunteers complete an application and interview process, followed by receiving the training needed to work properly with our professional team. They are a diverse group of people with one thing in common- a hospice heart. If you are interested in becoming an Ohio Valley Hospice Volunteer, please contact us for more information.